Skip to main content

Rookie Status

Okay... I am rookie at this whole blogging business so if this first post is a little rough, that will remain my excuse.
I thought that I would start out my first blog entry with what my whole Blogger name is all about; Engaging Sports and Personal News. Now, if you aren't new to the whole sports world then you might have an idea of why I went with the acronym, ESPN. If you are not familiar with all things sports, ESPN should sound a little bit familiar, but I will go ahead and give a brief background.
ESPN is actually a Disney network. Everyone loves a little Disney, right?! I know I do! ESPN is, in a nutshell, a sports broadcasting network that will stream anything sports, 24/7. Different things within sports as well. Things such as entertainment going on within the sports world, whatever interesting that could be going on within teams, players, coaches, locker rooms... When I say, "all things sports," I mean it!
So there's that. You might be putting a couple pieces to the puzzle now as to why I named my blog after that acronym. If you haven't gotten the hint yet, let me help you... I LOVE SPORTS.

We all have those passions in life, at least I have never met anyone before who isn't passionate about something. Well, sports just happens to be one of mine. I have grown up watching all kinds of sports ranging from football, basketball, baseball, volleyball, soccer, golf, hockey, tennis... And it never gets old, I love it all. Hence why it's a passion, right? I have grown up learning about each and every one of these different games, some sporting games more than others as we all have a preference. Learning sports stats is one of my most favorite things. Just give me a book full of all things sports history and stats, and then call me in a couple days to make sure I am still alive as I will be extremely engrossed in the learning and the reading.

Now, besides me loving all things sports, ESPN kind of has a whole other meaning to me, maybe it's safe to say, "a special place in my heart?" I plan on working for ESPN one day. Yeah, that's right. I said it! I have a dream to make it on to ESPN Sportscenter one day, and I believe I will be. Now, you may be asking yourself, "okay, how is this girl going to make it on to ESPN?" I'll tell you... I am a sophomore in college and studying Communications with an emphasis in Journalism to be able to do sports broadcasting. Oh, yeah, I love to write too. Which is another reason why I wanted to get into this whole blogging business. My plan is to either be reporting for one specific city or a team within that city, or be a broadcaster on Sportscenter, a program by ESPN. Do you want another reason why I will be making it to ESPN one day? I am extremely ambitious. To be able to achieve your dream, I believe that you have to be. Also, I know that God has called me into this work field. He would not have given me so much passion for any other reason. I firmly believe that and I can not thank my Savior enough for showing me the path that He wants me on.
Now, I am a little unsure at how long these entries should be, but I would say that that sums it all up. I really hope, if you read this, that you enjoyed my first entry and will continue to read the "Engaging" things that I will be posting. :)
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Uncertainty Shows

Mood ALL 2020 I get it … we’re all nervous, right? What does the current state of this country mean for football season? I am certainly more of an NFL lady, but even the uncertainty of the college football season keeps me up at night. I advocate and believe in the ‘football brings people together’ campaign. It is that thing we are certain of every year. For me it is my escape from everything else happening in the world. Multiple conversations throughout the work week consist of making plans for the “big game.” Whether you wake up on Saturdays and have a cup of coffee or crack open a beer at 10 AM, it is socially acceptable … during football season. From tailgates to touchdowns, College Gameday to NFL Sunday Countdown, beers to burgers (or my personal favorite, nachos), debates to friendly debacles, comparisons to controversies … there is nothing like football season. Remember making fun of all the ‘silly’ or ‘pointless’ Bowl games? I take it all back. I would watc...

Normalized Monsquads

The era of the Superteams is still in full effect. Oh the joy.  It has been over a decade since LeBron James took his talents to South Beach to join Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh. This is not the first ever Big Three, but the first time a free agency was used to forcibly assemble a Superteam. We all remember 'The Decision' and we all remember the information we received after the Superteam was formed regarding text messages and conversations between James, Wade and Bosh masterminding the whole plan. The Boston Celtics are the ones who assembled the original Big Three (yes, arguably). This Big Three was formed in a different way, a more natural way maybe? It didn't feel schemed on and it wasn't nationally televised. Boston traded away the fifth and 35th pick in the NBA Draft, and a couple of players for Ray Allen. Around a month later, the Celtics continued their momentum. In a trade that would cost the Celtics five players, two draft picks and some cash ... Kevin Garnett w...

Invincible

I have a box of tissues by my side. A glass of water. A pen. Some paper. And, out of the ordinary, ESPN is not playing on the TV in the background. Kobe. I thought so highly of him. Oh, what Kobe meant to me. What Kobe meant to all of us. Legend. Hero. Goat (one of my most treasured sports debates). Icon. Brother. Son. Husband. Father. I wear my #24 Hollywood jersey differently now. I wear my purple Kobe X’s differently now. Every single Kobe highlight I watch, I watch differently now. That time that I went and watched him play in Chicago, I remember it differently now … but how I view Kobe will forever remain the same. My boyfriend and I began to talk about our favorite Kobe memories yesterday and you couldn’t help but to just … feel your blood began to pump faster, clinch your fists, grit your teeth … you know, full-on Mamba Face. It signifies so much. Invincible is the word he kept bringing up in our conversation. Man, we sure do love Bean. Go hard. ...